A – Z
INCI: Alkanna Tinctoria
- Source of Origin: Wildcrafted, India.
- The species are has oblong, entire leaves, and bracketed racemes, rolled up before the flowers expand.
- The corolla is rather small, between funnel and salver-shaped; usually purplish-blue, but in some species yellow or whitish; the calyx enlarges in fruit.
- The root, which is often very large in proportion to the size of the plant, yields in many of the species a red dye from the rind
- Adzuki beans can also be used as a skin exfoliator
- Adzuki beans are also known for reducing skin infections and alleviating swellings
- Brightens the skin
INCI: Arnica Montana
- Source of Origin: Arnica Flower Whole, Germany
- Arnica is found in Europe from Scandinavia to southern parts of Europe, as well as in southern Russia and central Asia.
- It is also found in the Pyrenees, Siberia, Canada, and the northwestern US.
- This aromatic, perennial grows to about a foot high, producing downy, egg-shaped leaves and bright yellow, daisy-like flowers, which are harvested when in full bloom.
- The rhizomes are unearthed after the plant has died back in the fall
BASIL LEAVES/ FLOWERS
INCI: Ocimum Basilicum
- Source of Origin: Homegrown
- Basil, in the form of leaves as well as essential oil, has been used in the beauty regimen of Indian women since time immemorial.
- It is known to have antibacterial, antibiotic, and anti-fungal properties
INCI: India Pale Ale, Saison
- Source of Origin: Sorachi Ace, Brooklyn Brewery
- Beer is a soothing cleanser which helps to dissolve dead skin cells and increase the elasticity of the skin.
- It contains B vitamins, hops, saccharides, and yeast which are beneficial to the skin in many ways.
- When added with lime juice it also helps to clear blocked pores and lighten the brown spots.
- Source of Origin: Maldukelle, Sri Lanka
- Black tea contains vitamins (B2, C, E), minerals (magnesium, potassium, zinc), some essential oils, polyphenols and tannins.
- Due to a high content of polyphenols, it can be use as a natural antioxidant that neutralize free radicals and promote longevity.
- Polyphenols and tannins in black tea accelerate skin regeneration.
INCI: Calendula officinalis
- Source of Origin: Calendula Flower Whole, Egypt
- Carotenoids provide the distinct yellow to orange of the petals, which have been found to be anti-inflammatory.
- They are used whole or cut in toiletries such as scrubs, soaps or bath salts.
CINNAMON WHOLE/ GROUND
INCI: Cinnamomum cassia
- Source of Origin: Southeast Asia
- Used in embalming mixtures, ancient Indian Ayurvedic healers introduced the aromatic herb to the Egyptians
- Skin Exfoliation
- Skin Softening
- Cellulite Reduction
- Treating Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes
- Skin Tightening
- Skin Brightening
INCI: Momordica cochinchinensis
- Promotes the skin against radiation damage
- Speeds up wound healing
- Topically treats atopic dermatitis
- Treats burns, cuts and healing
- Regulates moisture loss, promotes tissue regeneration
- Improves skin elasticity
- Natural sunscreen
GREEN TEA LEAVES
INCI: Camellia sinensis
- Used to treat skin diseases and wounds.
- The antioxidants and tannins (an astringent) in green tea help treat puffy eyes as well as dark circles.
- Green tea has anti-aging and antioxidant benefits that can help delay signs of skin aging, such as sagging skin, sun damage, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Acne treatment
INCI: Phyllanthus urinaria
- Brightens Skin Complexion
- Protect skin cells against sun damage
- Acne treatment
- Wound healing treatment
- Gotu kola is rich in triterpene saponins, known to firm and tighten your skin’s appearance.
- Gotu kola is also rich in flavonoids with good antioxidant activity, which helps protect from environmental stressors, and may be particularly useful in the winter.
- Heals minor burns and wounds efficiently
HUNG CAY MINT
INCI: Mentha arvensis
- Source of origin: Vietnam
- Skin cleanser, relieves irritation
INCI: Hibiscus rosa sinensis
- Increasing skin elasticity
- Helps to speed up cell turnover, resulting in a more even looking skin tone.
- Fight skin damaging free radicals to keep skin aging. Not only do anthocyanocides protect against free radical damage, they also have slightly astringent properties, helping to reduce the appearance of large pores for a smoother complexion. They also have an anti-inflammatory effect and can help to soothe inflamed skin, making Hibiscus suitable for those prone to very sensitive skin.
- Contains gentle acids that have a slight exfoliating effect on the skin. Not only does this help with age spots, this Hibiscus benefit can encourage an all round fresher, younger, smoother looking complexion.
- Help to purify your skin by breaking down dead skin and increasing cell turnover, they can even help to control acne breakouts. Unlike harsh synthetic forms of these acids which can strip your skin of its natural oils, the organic acids from Hibiscus bring your skin back in balance for a naturally gorgeous, glowing complexion.
- Naturally high mucilage content, a sticky substance produced by plants that help with the storage of water and food. Mucilage makes a fantastic natural skin moisturiser that is gentle on sensitive skin. This high mucilage content of Hibiscus enhances the skin’s ability to retain moisture, which is a key factor in retaining a youthful complexion. The naturally moisture rich qualities of Hibiscus helps skin stay hydrated, soft and supple for longer, keeping dry, dull skin at bay.
INCI: Nelumbo nucifera
- Rich in antioxidants, the fragrant Nelumbo nucifera acts as a skin conditioner.
- Its properties intensely hydrates the skin and helps in increasing skin elasticity and complexion, erasing fine lines, fading brown spots and wrinkles.
- Provides instant hydration to the skin.
- Balance your oily skin and prevent acne and pimple breakouts.
INCI: Phaseolus radiatus
- Mung bean is a powerful anti-aging agent,reduces the presence of wrinkles, age spots and age lines from the skin easily.
- The green gram powder has a mild abrasive texture, which helps to gently remove the grime, dirt, sebum and dead cells from the skin.
- Applying a paste made of lemon juice, yogurt and green gram powder on the skin to get rid of dark spots, blemishes, pigmentation and acne scars.
INCI: Avena Sativa
- Acts as a mild cleanser.
- Recovery of the eczematous skin by moisturising.
- Restoring the skin barrier, reducing itching, and regulating inflammation.
- The nature exfoliators for sensitive skin.
- Reversing damage caused by UV rays, pollution, harsh chemicals, etc. on your skin.
- Oats can be used to soothe the sunburnt skin owing to soothing, anti-oxidant, healing and moisturising properties
- Several studies support the role of colloidal oatmeal both for cleansing and moisturising the eczematous skin of Atopic dermatitis. The use of oats might reduce the need for steroids as well!
- Oats help in the healing of psoriasis lesion owing to its anti-inflammatory nature.
INCI: Citrus reticulata × maxima.
- Considered as a boon for face and skin care as it cures blackheads, dead cells, acne, pores, blemishes, dark circles, dry skin.
- Brightens your face.
- It can also be applied with milk or curd for extra glow or for removing tan.
INCI: Oryza Sativa
- Helps in keeping the skin smooth and glowing
- Reduces the pore size
- Acne healer
- Soothe sunburn
- Used for cooling inflammations and burnt skin. It will help your skin recover fast and prevent further damage.
- Brighten skin
INCI: Glycine max
- Soy may be particularly beneficial for people with combination skin.
- Moisturizer because of its innate ability to moisturize dry areas while decreasing oiliness in other areas, notes Skin. Moisturizers that contain soy may have softening and smoothing effects while evening out skin tone.
- Collagen and elastin fibers work together to help keep skin firm. As skin gets older, these fibers weaken and cause skin to sag
- Vitamin E in Soybeans help to renew dead skin cells and form a new skin cells
- Brightens complexion
- Protect skin cells against sun damage.
- Remove dead skin cells and keeps the skin soft and supple.
- Prevent signs of aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines. The vitamins C and E in papaya rejuvenate your skin to help you enjoy younger-looking skin.
- The papain enzyme in papaya has skin-cleansing properties that help get rid of clogged pores.
- The exfoliating effect of papaya removes dead skin cells to help unclog pores.
- Papaya is also beneficial for lightening skin spots and removing tan from your skin due to the several enzymes it contains.
- Papaya has antioxidant properties that help reduce the appearance of crow’s feet around the outer corners of the eyes as well as wrinkles around the mouth or forehead.